Looking for a delicious twist on pizza night or breakfast? Try gluten-free waffles as a savoury base to pile on your favourite toppings—all those pillowy pockets are perfect for trapping herby marinara sauce.
3⁄4 cup milk, your choice
1⁄2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
1 tbsp oil
1 bell pepper
1⁄2 pint mixed cherry tomatoes
1⁄3 cup grated mozzarella cheese, preferably non-fat
3 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- For the crust, generously oil Waffle Mold; place on Sheet Pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together waffle mix, sauce mix, milk, yogurt, oil, and egg.
- Divide batter evenly between four of the molds (leave the other two empty), filling all corners. Molds will be very full. Bake for 15–18 min or until tops are golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare toppings. Thinly slice pepper. Cut cherry tomatoes in halves.
- When waffles are done, carefully unmould onto Sheet Pan. Top each with 1⁄4 cup sauce; add pepper and tomatoes; cover with cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 2–3 min.
- To serve, place waffles on plates; top with spinach.